Thursday, July 29, 2010

guest blogging: Kelly Bond's "Elephant"

Since this is a site about dialogue, it is great to include responses to performances from other people. Here John Lanou creates his own work of art - a poem -  inspired by Kelly Bond's performance "Elephant" which took place in the Capital Fringe festival:

by John Lanou
"I tend to get quite hungry, without even knowing it. Then I taste food and realize I'm starving." ~ my friend after the show.
Naked. Acting. On display. Naked. Exposed. Like a gorilla. For all to see. With nowhere to hide.
When I am scared I will cut you. When my back is against the wall, I will be the aggressor, not the victim. You lookin' at me? You lookin' at me? "What, bitch?" You think i'm in here and you're out there? Well, you're behind bars now. I've got you. Do you realize that I am fucking trapped inside this nakedness??? I am completely covered, smothered, in transparency. Well so are you.

zoo. despair becomes flirtation become laughter becomes sadness becomes insanity and inhumanity.

harmonies in android speak. sterile harmony!

tessellation. in and out of suspended disbelief. Like they're performing an Escher print. Mind spinning. Where am i? Am in the piece? Is this a piece?

"It's not real!!!" But it is! That's just it! You saying that makes it so!!!
Contagious herd like laughter like at a Laughter Church. Church. Pews. Sunday morning. Make you do things you don't want to do in order to subscribed to prescribed ways, peer pressure.

The Real Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment